maandag 25 april 2011

Gryffin gown

The past two weeks I have been working on my next Elizabethan gown. I call it my "Gryffin Gown" after the brocade I'm using.





The black brocade with the silver gryffins will be used for the overskirt and the bodice. The lighter silvery brocade will be used for the forepart and the sleeves. So far I've made the underskirt of black satin and the forepart of the silvery brocade. I've also sewn litlle pearl beads on all the crosses of the forepart.





And a picture of the finished underskirt.


The overskirt is made of 4 fabric widths of the gryffin brocade, which is cartridge pleated to a waistband. So far I haven't added any decoration, but I'm not sure if it needs anything. The fabric is beautiful as it is. I guess I will finish the whole gown first and then think about trims etcetera.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten